What Are the Types of Women’s Perfume?
Are you confused by all the different types of women’s perfume? Do you know what the types or flavors mean? You may have heard a perfume described as being a floral or oriental, woody or citrus, but then have heard one described as a floral oriental. It can appear to be very confusing but if you have a basic understanding of the main categories, then the subcategories are just extensions of the mains, in way of blends.
There are three fragrance notes to every perfume. The top, middle and base. They change over time which is why when you first smell a scent on yourself it is different to when you smell it an hour or so later. Depending on your own body chemistry it can become deeper and more alluring or it could become where you find the smell quite distasteful. For this reason it is wise to test a perfume on yourself and wait an hour or two before you make that final purchase.
The four main traditional categories or families are:
- Floral – This is an easy one because floral means flower and this fragrance has a flowery scent. Subtle and gentle it can be worn at any time. A famous ‘floral-aldehyde’ perfume is Chanel No 5.
- Woody – These have an earthy tone and are perfect for feeling fresh and alive but still giving that aura of sophistication. Angel Perfume by Thierry Mugler has woody undertones.
- Citrus – This one is fruity, fresh and crisp. Britney Spear’s Believe Perfume, is a Citrus scent and can be worn day or night.
- Oriental – These perfumes are sweet and spicy and the ‘strongest’ of all the perfumes. They depict a certain ‘strength’ as they are intoxicating and sensual. Wearing this type of womens perfume and you are sure to stand out in the crowd, no matter if you are at work or play. Poison by Christian Dior is a well known Oriental fragrance.
Today you also hear perfumes described as being a ‘Green, Chypre or Fougere.’ As with any advances in an industry, perfumes are no different. This is why new categories are appearing. As the times change, so do people’s desires and tastes. What type of women’s perfume do you like? Everyone has their own choice and your choice will become your ‘signature.’
Top 6 Rose Perfumes For Women
In the world of women's perfume there are lots of choices. Most women have a favorite particular scent, and most women also have a preference as to the type of scent they enjoy most. Often times a perfume can be chosen by occasion as well. There are romantic, spicy, floral, musky, and other types of scents that match moods, occasions, personal preference and more. Perfumes are usually categorized by specific ingredients, which is what makes the individual scent and its unique flavor.
Best Spicy Scents
Spicy perfumes fall into the Oriental Spicy category. They became popular in the 90's and offer concoctions and blends full of spices, rich musky flowers, ambers, cloves, gingers, and overall are very strong scented blends with an opium quality. Here is a list of the best in spicy designer perfumes that offer exotic, rich, very, spicy and fragrant scents. Many experts suggest these are best for evening wear because they are so rich, but I think a perfume can be worn any time the women feels like it.
1. Cinnebar by Estee Lauder
2. Youth Dew by Estee Lauder
3. Dune by Christian Dior
4. Rush by Gucci
5. Obsession by Calvin Klein
6. Magie Noire by Lancome
7. Shalimar by Guerlain
8. Ciara by Revlon
9. Chergui by Shiseido
10. Black by Bulgari
11. Still by Jennifer Lopez
12. Opium by Yves Saint Laurent
13. Samsara by Guerlain
14. Ginger by Rush
15. Gingerbread by Demeter
16. Emeraude by Coty
17. Hermes by Hermes
18. Amarige by Givenchy
19. Organza by Givenchy
20. Ysatis by Givenchy
The Most Sought After Women Celebrity Fragrances of the Year
In today's society smelling nice and having the right scent is at the up most of importance. But finding the right fragrance to suite is not always that simple. This is a list I have composed of the top 5 best selling Women's Fragrances and Men's from our website.
Top 5 Women's Fragrances
Created by the design house of Chanel in 1921, Chanel #5 is classified as a refined, floral, soft fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of modern floral's, and balanced notes.
Calvin Klein Eternity
From Calvin Klein comes Eternity, a romantic, floral scent that breathes with the subtle aroma of a spring garden. Both classic and contemporary, it echoes timeless quality and modern style.
Agent Provocateur Maitresse
It has top notes of white lotus petals and white ylang ylang, caressed by the pure essence of osmanthus core, and immersed in jasmin sambac. With a base of velvet white suede and musk.
Chloe by Chloe
This beautiful floral fragrance for women won a Fragrance industry award. A luscious but light scent, it is sure to please. The top notes are Freesia, Litchi and Peony. The heart notes are a floral bouquet of Lily of the valley, Magnolia and Rose. The base notes are powdery; the dry down is enhanced by Cedar wood, Musk, and Amber.
Davidoff Cool Water
Launched by the design house of Davidoff in 1996, COOL WATER is classified as a sharp, flowery fragrance. This feminine scent possesses a blend of citrus, pineapple, and woody notes. Accompanied by the scent of the pure ocean air. It is recommended for daytime wear.
Top Five Men's Fragrances
ARMANI By Giorgio Armani
This scent is a necessity in the collection of the gentleman of style. It is a clean, citrusy scent with notes of lavender, bergamot, cedar, clove, nutmeg, and patchouli. This dashing cologne compliments the three piece suit as well as evening attire.
Diesel Fuel For Life
Fuel for Life by Diesel launched in 2007 created by Annick Menardo and Jacques Cavallier. This fragrance is considered to be an energetic powdery scent. With top notes of anise and grapefruit,middle notes of raspberry,lavender.Base notes of heliotrope and dry woods. It is recommended for any occasion.
Dolce & Gabbana By Dolce & Gabbana
Launched by the design house of Dolce & Gabbana in 1994, DOLCE & GABBANA is classified as a refined, spicy, lavender, amber fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of lemon, orange, lavender, sage, cedar and tobacco.
Givenchy Blue Label by Givenchy
Pour Homme Blue Label by Givenchy is fun, exciting for any man. This masculine scent possesses a blend of bergmot, grapefruit, tangerine, pepper, cardamom, cedarwood and vetiver. Cool, invigorating and at the same time sensual.
Dior Homme By Christian Dior
Top notes of lavender, sage, and bergamot; a heart of iris, cocoa, and amber with a vetiver, patchouli, and leather dry down.
- Perfumes For Women Online South Africa
- For Women Perfume South Africa
- New Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Most Popular Womens Perfume South Africa
- Top Perfumes 2018 South Africa
- Perfume Sale Online South Africa
- Cheap Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Best New Women’s Perfume South Africa
- Top Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Discount Cologne And Perfume South Africa
- Fragrance Parfum South Africa
- Best Selling Perfumes 2017 South Africa
- Womens Perfume Sets South Africa
- Buy Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Female Perfume Brands South Africa
- Cheap Ladies Fragrances South Africa
- Best Smelling Perfume 2017 South Africa
- Scent Of A Woman Perfume South Africa
- Top 20 Perfumes For Ladies South Africa
- Ladies Cologne Perfume South Africa
- French Perfume Specials South Africa