What Are the Types of Women’s Perfume?
Are you confused by all the different types of women’s perfume? Do you know what the types or flavors mean? You may have heard a perfume described as being a floral or oriental, woody or citrus, but then have heard one described as a floral oriental. It can appear to be very confusing but if you have a basic understanding of the main categories, then the subcategories are just extensions of the mains, in way of blends.
There are three fragrance notes to every perfume. The top, middle and base. They change over time which is why when you first smell a scent on yourself it is different to when you smell it an hour or so later. Depending on your own body chemistry it can become deeper and more alluring or it could become where you find the smell quite distasteful. For this reason it is wise to test a perfume on yourself and wait an hour or two before you make that final purchase.
The four main traditional categories or families are:
- Floral – This is an easy one because floral means flower and this fragrance has a flowery scent. Subtle and gentle it can be worn at any time. A famous ‘floral-aldehyde’ perfume is Chanel No 5.
- Woody – These have an earthy tone and are perfect for feeling fresh and alive but still giving that aura of sophistication. Angel Perfume by Thierry Mugler has woody undertones.
- Citrus – This one is fruity, fresh and crisp. Britney Spear’s Believe Perfume, is a Citrus scent and can be worn day or night.
- Oriental – These perfumes are sweet and spicy and the ‘strongest’ of all the perfumes. They depict a certain ‘strength’ as they are intoxicating and sensual. Wearing this type of womens perfume and you are sure to stand out in the crowd, no matter if you are at work or play. Poison by Christian Dior is a well known Oriental fragrance.
Today you also hear perfumes described as being a ‘Green, Chypre or Fougere.’ As with any advances in an industry, perfumes are no different. This is why new categories are appearing. As the times change, so do people’s desires and tastes. What type of women’s perfume do you like? Everyone has their own choice and your choice will become your ‘signature.’
Women's Fragrances - Which Form of Fragrance Lasts the Longest on Your Skin?
Types Of Womens Perfume
The common person often does not understand and know about the types of womens perfume that are available providing different fragrances for different body chemistry. By understanding and knowing about the different types of women's perfume a person can buy and wear scents that are suited to them and will produces the positive benefits of perfume. There are some simple basic bits of knowledge that will prove useful for the perfume buyer and wearer.
Types Of Women's Perfume Groups
The basic breakdown of a womens perfume is in the type of scent that is the basic ingredient. There are different smells that a perfume is created from and that will be an asset or detriment to the wearer. Perfumes can be defined as floral, oriental, woody, fresh, and fougere. These labels of perfume types are determined by the type of scent that they create and the ingredients they are created from. A basic floral will be the scent of a flower, a fresh scent will be a citrus or natural smell and a woody will be created by using the barks and oils of different woods. By understanding these simple breakdowns in the fragrances a person can choose the type of women's perfume they want and that will blend with their body type to create a tantalizing aroma.
Types Of Women's Perfume Strengths
The most basic type of womens perfume strength is a true perfume. A person who wears true perfume will have an expensive small bottle of the strongest concentration of the scent. Perfume is concentration of aromatic oils that will be at least twenty percent. By using the true perfume a person will have the full essence of the fragrance offering an unmistakable aroma.
For the average person on the average day a less expensive, lower concentration of a perfume will be completely appropriate. The eau de perfume, eau de toilette, and eau de cologne will all be reduced concentrations in order of listing. These concentrations can be bought in larger quantities for less money making them affordable types of women's perfume strengths.
Learning Types Of Women's Perfume
For the person who wants to learn more about women's perfume taking the time to study these various groups and strengths will be very useful. By looking at the more popular brand names and perfume and defining the group of scents they fall into a person can quickly determine what the fragrance will be like. Some scents are obvious as to their group. For example, Lily of the Valley is a floral. Other classic scents are well known in the perfume industry but a newcomer will need to investigate this category of womens perfume.
20 Best Spicy and Rich Perfumes
There are many flower fragrances used in perfumes but no fragrance can beat the smell of Rose which is known as the 'Queen of Flowers'. Roses are known for not only their beauty but also for their delicate scent and fragrant oil. Rose oil is one of the valuable ingredients in most perfumes for women. Rose Perfumes are feminine and classy and favorite with most women. Given below are some popular rose fragrances.
1) Paul Smith Rose: Paul Smith Rose Perfume is a fresh floral fragrance for women was launched in the year 2007. It comes with a blend of different scents like Turkish rose oil, green tea along with light sparkling smell of magnolia and violet flowers. This is a great summer fragrance.
2) Yardley English Rose: When speaking of Rose fragrances how can I forget Yardley English Rose? This English rose perfume is one of the popular from the brand of Yardley. With its own unique blend of this timeless fragrance Yardley English Rose by Yardley of London for Women has been enchanting women around the world for generations. If you love the smooth and refreshed feeling Yardley English Rose can work the magic for you.
3) Stella Rose Absolute: Stella Rose Absolute launched by the design house of Stella McCartney in 2005 is a luxurious and sophisticated perfume for women and one of the best rose perfumes hands down.
4) Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau Perfume: Diptyque L'Ombre Dans L'Eau women designed by perfumer Serge Kalouguine belong to the floral fragrances group.This Perfume was launched by Diptyque in 1983. This is a totally natural, rose-infused scent with notes of black currant leaf and Bulgarian rose. It is one of the most popular summer scents and is popular with both men and women.
5) Creed Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare: Speaking of rose fragrances Creed Fleur de The Rose Bulgare is a sophisticated fragrance made from the rarest Bulgarian roseand does not come cheap. It is a long lasting perfume that belongs to the floral green fragrance group. It is a refreshing and classy fragrance which most women find difficult to resist.
6) Woods Of Windsor True Rose: Woods of Windsor True Rose women that belongs to the floral fragrance group and was launched in 2002. This is a cool, fresh and calming pink rose fragrance with notes of crisp green leaves and chamomile encased by notes of exotic dusty violet and damask rose. The base of the fragrance comes in sensual aromatic woods, musks and regal iris.
Wearing Rose fragrances are considered to be classy and romantic. If you like to smell like Roses all the floral fragrances for women listed above can help. These are also popular choices during Summer and also as gifts for women.
- Perfumes For Women Online South Africa
- For Women Perfume South Africa
- New Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Most Popular Womens Perfume South Africa
- Top Perfumes 2018 South Africa
- Perfume Sale Online South Africa
- Cheap Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Best New Women’s Perfume South Africa
- Top Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Discount Cologne And Perfume South Africa
- Fragrance Parfum South Africa
- Best Selling Perfumes 2017 South Africa
- Womens Perfume Sets South Africa
- Buy Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Female Perfume Brands South Africa
- Cheap Ladies Fragrances South Africa
- Best Smelling Perfume 2017 South Africa
- Scent Of A Woman Perfume South Africa
- Top 20 Perfumes For Ladies South Africa
- Ladies Cologne Perfume South Africa
- French Perfume Specials South Africa