What Are the Types of Women’s Perfume?
Are you confused by all the different types of women’s perfume? Do you know what the types or flavors mean? You may have heard a perfume described as being a floral or oriental, woody or citrus, but then have heard one described as a floral oriental. It can appear to be very confusing but if you have a basic understanding of the main categories, then the subcategories are just extensions of the mains, in way of blends.
There are three fragrance notes to every perfume. The top, middle and base. They change over time which is why when you first smell a scent on yourself it is different to when you smell it an hour or so later. Depending on your own body chemistry it can become deeper and more alluring or it could become where you find the smell quite distasteful. For this reason it is wise to test a perfume on yourself and wait an hour or two before you make that final purchase.
The four main traditional categories or families are:
- Floral – This is an easy one because floral means flower and this fragrance has a flowery scent. Subtle and gentle it can be worn at any time. A famous ‘floral-aldehyde’ perfume is Chanel No 5.
- Woody – These have an earthy tone and are perfect for feeling fresh and alive but still giving that aura of sophistication. Angel Perfume by Thierry Mugler has woody undertones.
- Citrus – This one is fruity, fresh and crisp. Britney Spear’s Believe Perfume, is a Citrus scent and can be worn day or night.
- Oriental – These perfumes are sweet and spicy and the ‘strongest’ of all the perfumes. They depict a certain ‘strength’ as they are intoxicating and sensual. Wearing this type of womens perfume and you are sure to stand out in the crowd, no matter if you are at work or play. Poison by Christian Dior is a well known Oriental fragrance.
Today you also hear perfumes described as being a ‘Green, Chypre or Fougere.’ As with any advances in an industry, perfumes are no different. This is why new categories are appearing. As the times change, so do people’s desires and tastes. What type of women’s perfume do you like? Everyone has their own choice and your choice will become your ‘signature.’
- Perfumes For Women Online South Africa
- For Women Perfume South Africa
- New Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Most Popular Womens Perfume South Africa
- Top Perfumes 2018 South Africa
- Perfume Sale Online South Africa
- Cheap Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Best New Women’s Perfume South Africa
- Top Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Discount Cologne And Perfume South Africa
- Fragrance Parfum South Africa
- Best Selling Perfumes 2017 South Africa
- Womens Perfume Sets South Africa
- Buy Ladies Perfume South Africa
- Female Perfume Brands South Africa
- Cheap Ladies Fragrances South Africa
- Best Smelling Perfume 2017 South Africa
- Scent Of A Woman Perfume South Africa
- Top 20 Perfumes For Ladies South Africa
- Ladies Cologne Perfume South Africa
- French Perfume Specials South Africa